Hover to learn more…
I lend my contemporary, warm and conversational sound to TV, radio and web commercials. I also voice eLearning, explainers, corporate narration and phone projects. With me, you get a young, fresh sound with the life experience and point-of-view of Gen X. That’s the best of both worlds, friends.
Since Kindergarten, I was one of those kiddos who raised my hand emphatically any time the teacher asked for somebody to read aloud. This developed into a love of all things creative – band, theater and choir. A regular refrain on my elementary report cards was: “Her voice really carries. She needs to learn to keep her voice down.” That advice never really sunk in.
I live a mostly joyful life with my husband, three sons and four hens in Boulder, Colorado. I’m a Mom, wife, sister, daughter, an avid cook, knitter, hiker, reader, traveler, homeopathy nerd and consumer of art in any form.
The best voice-over actresses are intelligent and well-educated. I have a broad range of life experiences including starting several businesses, being home with my children for 10 years, independently structuring my college degree, running a successful massage spa, opening a massage therapy training center, being a bodyworker for 15 years, living overseas for three years, selling books door-to-door as a teen, a bet taker at a horse track, data-entry at home, office manager, mortgage broker, and real estate broker – not in that order and most simultaneously.
Quick, give me a script before I start telling you what I think.
A Voice Artist that Contributes to the Community
I deliver meals for Meals on Wheels with my boys. I also donate my voice acting services to Project Angel Heart, a nonprofit in Denver that delivers medically tailored meals to people with life-threatening illnesses.
Random Facts about Jessica
- I gave Bernie Mac a massage when he was on his stand-up tour in Minneapolis. He had massive feet and was making jokes the entire time. Rest in peace, Bernie.
- I taught one of Willie Nelson’s daughters how to give massage with her feet.
- I played the role of Older Amy opposite the now Tony-award winning Broadway actress Annaleigh Ashford, who played Younger Amy in Little Women: The Musical in Littleton, Colorado way back when. You go Annaleigh!
- I went to high school and acted opposite the comedic-stylist Maria Thayer of Strangers With Candy.
- I hate the word ‘moist.’
- I named my massage spa after Seinfeld’s infamous episode “Serenity Now!”
- I had a deaf Dalmatian, Harley, whom I trained with hand signals. Rest in peace, Harley.
- I climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge at sunset with my then boyfriend, now husband.
- I have been to two Rugby World Cups – Australia and France.
- For two years I drove a 1964 Ford F100 – manual brakes, manual steering, three on the floor. That’s the truck I drove when I moved from Minneapolis to Denver. Rest in peace, Ford F100.
- I can effortlessly type 150 words per minute.
- For the past twenty years, I have corrected my vision using orthokeratology. Google it.
- I would pick ice cream over alcohol any day of the week.
- My husband and I moved to Prague when our boys were 4, 2 and nine months old. That’s a special kind of crazy.
- I scuba dove The Great Barrier Reef.
- I want to live to be 100 and be on the Today show as a bicentennial baby. You do the math.
- I cross-examined my husband, and vice versa, in a civil trial. Long story.
- The only person tired of my voice is my husband.