REMOTE CONNECTIONS, STUDIO SPECS, AVAILABILITY
Hover to learn more…
ISDN via SC bridge
Source Connect Standard
Reliable, hard-wired internet
Experienced remote talent
Townsend Labs Sphere L22
Apollo Twin MK2
Back-up systems in place
Acoustics by George Whittam
Almost always less
My vocal age skews on the young side, with a smart, optimistic, bright and reassuring sound. A touch of vocal texture adds depth and realness. I shine when it comes to taking direction, and have a sixth sense for understanding what it is people want. My keen intuition and gut instincts fuel my creative process, and I’m ready to take risks to get the read right. I’m happy to self-direct or we can do it live over Skype, Source Connect or phone patch. I voice commercial, learning, explainer, corporate narration, phone projects and more.
Since Kindergarten, I was one of those kiddos who raised my hand emphatically any time the teacher asked for somebody to read aloud. This developed into a love of all things creative – band, theater and choir. A regular refrain on my elementary report cards was: “Her voice really carries. She needs to learn to keep her voice down.” That advice never really sunk in.
I live a mostly joyful life with my husband, three sons and five hens in Boulder, Colorado. I’m a Mom, wife, sister, daughter, an avid cook, knitter, hiker, reader, traveler, homeopathy nerd and consumer of art in any form.
The best voice-over actresses are intelligent and well-educated. I have a broad range of life experiences including starting several businesses, being home with my children for 10 years, independently structuring my college degree, running a successful massage spa, opening a massage therapy training center, being a bodyworker for 15 years, living overseas for three years, selling books door-to-door as a teen, a bet taker at a horse track, data-entry at home, office manager, mortgage broker, and real estate broker – not in that order and most simultaneously.
Quick, give me a script before I start telling you what I think.
A Voice Artist that Contributes to the Community
I delivers meals for Meals on Wheels with my boys. I also donate my voice acting services to Project Angel Heart, a nonprofit in Denver that delivers medically tailored meals to people with life-threatening illnesses.
Random Facts about Jessica
- I gave Bernie Mac a massage when he was on his stand-up tour in Minneapolis. He had massive feet and was making jokes the entire time. Rest in peace, Bernie.
- I taught one of Willie Nelson’s daughters how to give massage with her feet.
- I played the role of Older Amy opposite the now Tony-award winning Broadway actress Annaleigh Ashford who played Younger Amy in Little Women, The Musical in Littleton, Colorado way back when. You go Annaleigh!
- I went to high school and acted opposite the comedic-stylist Maria Thayer of Strangers With Candy.
- I hate the word ‘moist.’
- I named my massage spa after Seinfeld’s infamous episode “Serenity Now!”
- I had a deaf Dalmatian, Harley, whom I trained with hand signals. Rest in peace, Harley.
- I climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge at sunset with my then boyfriend, now husband.
- I have been to three Rugby World Cups – Australia, France and Japan.
- For two years I drove a 1964 Ford F100 – manual brakes, manual steering, three on the floor. That’s the truck I drove when I moved from Minneapolis to Denver. Rest in peace, Ford F100.
- I can effortlessly type 150 words per minute.
- For the past twenty years, I have corrected my vision using orthokeratology. Google it.
- I would pick ice cream over alcohol any day of the week.
- I and my husband moved to Prague when our boys were 4, 2 and nine months old. That’s a special kind of crazy.
- I scuba dove The Great Barrier Reef.
- I wants to live to be 100 and be on the Today show as a bicentennial baby. You do the math.
- I cross-examined my husband, and vice versa, in a civil trial. Long story.
- The only person tired of my voice is my husband.
People Are Saying...
Fantastic experience working with Jessica on a VO project this week. Jessica is a true professional. Responsive, communicative and flexible. Her work is excellent and we’re really looking forward to working with her again!
Jessica is amazing to work with. In addition to being a super-talented voice artist, her positive energy and can-do attitude set her apart. She is professional, dependable, flexible and delivers quality work every time. I wholeheartedly recommend her!
I had the pleasure of working with Jessica Taylor on a recent video project for Project Angel Heart. Jessica’s read style–friendly, warm, and personable–was perfect for the project! We were especially impressed that Jessica took the time to review our organizational brand/style guide so that she had a strong understanding of our brand voice and tone. Jessica was easy to work with, responded quickly to feedback, and worked hard to make sure the final product was spot-on. We’d love to work with her again on a future project!
Jessica is both talented & extremely professional! Her response time was super quick and she nailed it on the first take! She also found and corrected several grammar errors in the script that we missed. I will be working with her again and recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing voice actress and audio pro!
Jessica is always a pleasure to work with. First, she has a great voice which is versatile and suitable for an array of projects. Equally important, she is reliable, easy to work with, delivers the work in a timely manner, and communicates often and well. Jessica is a true professional and I would recommend her without hesitation.
A joy to work with and an excellent voiceover artist. Jessica listened to direction well and brought a warm, inviting sound to a somewhat sterile video series.